Saturday, June 9, 2012

Out and about on the streets in Chatan-chi

On my first Thursday evening I was home early enough to take an evening stroll on the streets around my apartment so I want to share some of the unusual things found around here......
These are some random statues that were tucked into a corner on a side street.  There are also "cemetery" plots everywhere.  I didn't take a picture on them because I thought it was rather disrespectful (trying to be a good guest in this country!)
There are also vending machines tucked into the most obscure places - well, maybe not so obscure because they are EVERYWHERE!  They dispense water, sodas, coffee drinks, tea drinks, energy drinks...pretty much any drink that is non-alcoholic.  There are also vending machines that dispense ice cream bars and Popsicles. 
These were on a side street as I was walking towards the seawall.  Most of the machines dispense Coke products - American capitalism in action!
This one is a Pepsi machine (equal opportunity capitalism?) and was randomly in a small park on next to the marina.  I wonder how it keeps things cold?


























No comments:

Post a Comment